We love driving. We believe that becoming a professional driver is a noble occupation. Our world relies on us to deliver the things we need and transport people safely on our roads. Modern Training Ontario instructors are experienced truck drivers that understand why driving can be an appealing career choice for many people. They bring their passion for driving well to their work. Our students receive exceptional training. They learn to appreciate that safety and professionalism go hand in hand.
Modern Training didn’t become Canada’s leading driving school by being the same as everyone else. Our difference has helped us and our students stand out and succeed.
One on One Training
Late Model Equipment
Simulator Training at Modern Training Ontario
Learning to shift a truck with a standard transmission and back it up are critical skills needed to ensure your success in the trucking industry. Our Simulator programs provide students with self-paced training. New drivers can practice how to shift a non-synchronized transmission and learn the art of backing.
- Learn entry level shifting, advanced progressive shifting techniques, fuel management
- Simulate multiple drive train configurations
- The Driver Training Simulator offers adjustable road grades and vehicle weights
- Learn the basics of backing to allow for an easier transition to your in-truck training
- Practice any maneuver, including dangerous ones, in a realistic and safe environment
- Students experience the virtual consequences of their driving behaviors under a variety of realistic conditions (i.e. weather, road, and traffic conditions, isolated or in combination)
- Learn faster with lower stress, better feedback and less wasted time
- Control the learning pace in a controlled environment
- Develop realistic confidence as you progress from easy to difficult settings and from simple to complex skills
- View instant replays of your performances, including overhead views
- Practice specific skills until they can be performed automatically, e.g. from gear shifting to backing to fuel economy to roll-over prevention
- Receive reliable, objective performance scores
- Improve perception and anticipation of dangerous situations
- Experience the measurable benefits of safer driving habits
The simulator is no substitute for hands on training. It is a training tool that will allow you to practice shifting and backing as much as you want. Simulator training is a proven training aid and is designed to help build confidence and comfort with basic vehicle control habits.
Use your driving time to focus on more advanced driving techniques that can only be developed once you master the basics of transmission control and backing skills.
By the numbers
*Includes both vocational and non-vocational courses
Connect with us
For more information about our courses, start dates, and requirements, call us or complete the online form. We are committed to helping our students achieve their goals and excel in their new career.
Tuition Financing Available
Not eligible for government grants or funding? We work closely with PayBright, a Canadian financing organization that offers affordable monthly payments. Apply online and find out instantly if you qualify.